Thursday, August 26, 2021

Mrs. Burch's Weekly Update (8/26)

Hi, families!! We are in full swing in second grade! I have really enjoyed getting to know your kiddos over the last couple weeks! 

Don't forget...there is no school tomorrow! Next week will be another M-Th week, with no school Friday, 9/3, or Monday 9/6, for Labor Day.

I update this classroom blog on a weekly basis, and will be posting my updates primarily over Seesaw, so I want to make sure you are connected there. Here's the link, if you need it! If you haven't replied on Seesaw, please do so that way I'll know you're receiving my communication. I try to keep most updates there (instead of email) so things are in one place for you. Of course, you can email me any time, too! I check both daily. Also please take time to look at the activities your children are completing on Seesaw. They are so proud of their work and love seeing your comments!

If you haven't had the chance to send a family picture, please reply and email one to me. I can print it on the color printer. The kiddos love having their families on the wall in the classroom, especially when they are sad or a little homesick :) 


Next Week:

Reading: Readers Grow Like Beanstalks!

Writing: Sheila Rae the Brave and Chester's Way (Keven Henkes books)

Math: Number Patterns (Lines/Grids)

Science: Measuring (standard/nonstandard units) 

Social Studies: Where in the world do we live?


Important Links:

  • Scholastic Book Ordering Class Page Feel free to pass along our class ordering page to friends and family, too! All orders help our classroom earn free books for our classroom library!  (class code: GZKBK) Our next book order will be mid-September, but you can order online anytime!

Upcoming Dates:
*No School tomorrow--Friday, August 27.
*No School Friday, September 3, or Monday, September 6, due to Labor Day.

Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Husky Hustle Info!