Thursday, September 24, 2026

Mrs. Burch's Weekly Update (9/24)

Happy Thursday! I'm sending the Weekly Update a day early because I'll be out of the classroom tomorrow. Please contact the office with end of day schedule changes because I will not have access to Seesaw! Thank you!

The Husky Hustle event is one week from tomorrow! 2nd graders will be participating at 12:40pm! Please keep up the great job fundraising!! https://app.99pledges.com/fund/2026huskyh The top class in each grade level will receive a class party! 😍

To volunteer for the event sign-up here: https://bit.ly/4yLH2ky All volunteers must have an approved background check on file with the office. Spectators are welcome! You can watch in the center of the field as your student(s) tackles the course!




Save the date for Roo's Boo Bash! This will take place on October 29th from 6-8pm at Hutchings. This will be our Halloween event for the year and all proceeds will go towards Roo's fund for food, vet bills, grooming and more. Additional details to come. Thank you all for your continued support of the Hutchings Elementary PTO!

Next Week:
  • CKLA Skills: Unit 1 Skills Assessment
  • CKLA Knowledge: The Birthplace of Democracy--Ancient Greece
  • WIN time (enrichment): Spelling practice
  • Math: Unit 2--Fact Strategies
  • Social Studies: Hutchings CARE Lessons, Me on the Map
  • Science: Science Spin 
Upcoming Dates:
  • Friday, October 2--Husky Hustle (2nd grade participates at 12:40pm)
  • October 19--No School: Fall Break
  • October 22 & 27--Parent Teacher Conferences
  • October 29th--Roo's Boo Bash from 6-8pm
*Please note that we don't celebrate birthdays with edible treats in 2nd grade. You are welcome to send in a pencil or small trinket for your child to pass out if you'd like, but please do not send food/candy. I will make your child's day special regardless! Thank you for understanding! 

*Please remind your kiddos to check the lost and found regularly! It will be cleaned out and items donated at the end of every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Burch's Weekly Update (9/24)

Happy Thursday! I'm sending the Weekly Update a day early because I'll be out of the classroom tomorrow. Please contact the office w...